Friday, March 20, 2015

I'm back...I just don't know how regularly yet.

My absence has been due to several things, and I will probably post about most of them over the next few weeks. One of which was a shoulder issue I got while working out last year...which made even typing painful at times for the better part of last year. Luckily, I found out I don't need to have surgery for it, so I'm slowly trying to get back to my "normal" routine. The orthopedic surgeon did tell me I'm not to do any weight machines or free weights until I gain full (or mostly full) and fluid range of motion in my shoulder again. HOWEVER, I could return to the dance classes at the Y, and I have been doing the two classes a week for the last five weeks!!! I really miss doing my full schedule of working out, but I am glad to be able to do that.

On New Year's Eve, I received a steroid injection in my shoulder which caused my blood sugar/diabetes to get totally out of control. A few hours after my injection, it spiked up to 436. Yikes! I knew it was going to mess up my control, so I had asked for some 70/30 insulin ahead of time. The new person I saw only prescribed Regular insulin...which was a mess until I could finally get the 70/30 again about nine days later.

One of the other things that has just happened on Sunday is a very close friend of mine passed away. Emotions are all over the place right now.

For now, I'm glad to be back posting. I hope you all had a great 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment