Friday, January 3, 2014

Our 2013 Journey

My daughter and I started on Atkins last January. We only used the information available FREE on their site. The site has a lot of helpful tools like a meal planner for each of the phases you're on; trackers for your water intake, exercise, measurements; and forums to interact with others dealing with your same struggles. 






During 2013, I LOST 43.7 pounds...LOST 2.5" in the chest...LOST 7" in the waist...and LOST 7.5" in the hips!!! That's a grand total of 17" LOST and 5 dress/pant sizes!!! All of my lovely family at the Y played a part in it....which you can read about my exercise routine on the Fitness page. One of the moms from FIAR (Five in a Row) mentioned her 6 yo weighed 43 pounds, so I basically lost a 6yo.

My daughter has LOST 67.3 pounds...LOST 7" in her chest, LOST 7" in her waist, and 9.5" in her hips!!! I am SO proud of her!!! A different FIAR mom chimed in that her 9yo weighed that much. I think that's just amazing!! (I'm a little biased.)

Because of the Atkins diet, you can also read about how it affected my Type 2 diabetes on that page. I can safely say it has been an absolute godsend for my daughter and I.

I truly believe, if you're looking for a way to lose weight and others haven't worked, Atkins will most likely be your answer. What have you got to lose but those extra pounds and inches?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment