Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday Morning Chuckle

A little backstory: For the Christmas season, I rejoined a choir I had been in a few years ago. We had five performances in December...four of which were in the same week. We had had a Friday night performance over an hour from where I live. (Luckily, there's three of us in the choir who live in the same area I do, so we can carpool.) The Saturday performance was over two hours away. Basically, I left the house at 10:45 AM to meet at the house of the person who was driving. We didn't return until around 6:00 PM. It was a LONG day, and I was really looking forward to seeing my kids who had been on vacation with their dad since that Tuesday. I go to open the door on my car, and the handle just SNAPPED off in my hand. (I know I've been working out and all, but I am NOT that strong for that to happen...especially when I was wearing pretty thick gloves.) Anyway, ever since then, I've had to go through the passenger door and climb over the middle console into the driver seat when I go anywhere alone.

Fast forward to this morning: I have a one-hour intermediate/advanced step class on Tuesday mornings. A lot of the time I'm heading to the Y alone. I've got my water bottle and towel in hand walking to my car. Forgetting that I'm wearing black nylon workout pants, I get in the passenger side brace myself against the back of the seat and try to proceed doing my regular maneuver. Within the first few seconds of trying to brace myself, I started to slide down the seat. It caught me so off-guard that I jerked, then I started laughing at the fact I didn't anticipate that happening. If anyone was watching me, they probably got quite a kick out of it, too. FYI...the step class was pretty fun! (I'm recovering from being out two weeks, so I had to stop a few times-not as many as I had thought. That's a good thing.) I hope you have a spectacular day and God gives you at least one reason to laugh!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment