Friday, January 17, 2014

"Whatever you have to do, we need to be connected to the internet."

I heard someone say that last week, and it's stuck with me all week. Why? I guess I immediately wondered if we ever feel the same way about our connection to God. We all know He's always there, and, in our most trying times, we tend to call on Him 24/7. If we checked our connection to Him on a regular basis like we check our email or Facebook, I think we'd all feel a lot more purposeful in our lives. (Note: I've needed to remind myself of this all week as well.)

It's interesting to notice that sometimes I cut back on my quiet time with the Lord when I seem to be stuck in the same situation for a long time without feeling like I'm moving forward at all. Since God never moves, where I am in relation to Him is all my doing. I've been stuck in a not-so-perfect living arrangement for almost four years now with seemingly no change in the near future. Not that life was perfect before now, but I at least had my own place to live in with the kids and not feel like I've been a horrible imposition to someone else. It's slowly feeling like a little bit of progress is being made in the right direction. Praise the Lord for the small things...like teaching a one-hour class each week!!! Even though I haven't started yet, it's more than I've had in quite awhile. I'm hoping and praying it will lead to even bigger and better things.

I just want to renew myself to being more connected to Him...whatever I have to do. Luckily, no tech support is needed for this one.

Do you need to be better connected, too?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment